Sunday, August 9, 2009

The All-American Rejects - Gives You Hell

I wake up every eveningWith a big smile on my face
And it never feels out of place.And you're still probably workingAt a 9 to 5 paceI wonder how bad that tastes
When you see my faceI hope it gives you hell, I hope it gives you hellWhen you walk my wayI hope it gives you hell, I hope it gives you hell
Now where's your picket fence loveAnd where's that shiny carDid it ever get you far?You ever seem so dead slowNever seen you fall so hardDo you know where you are?
Truth be told I miss youTruth be told I'm lying
When you see my faceI hope it gives you hell, I hope it gives you hellWhen you walk my wayI hope it gives you hell, I hope it gives you hellIf you find a man that's worth the damn and treats you wellThen he's a fool you're just as well hope it gives you hellHope it gives you hell
Tomorrow you'll be thinking to yourselfWhere did it all go wrong?But the list goes on and onTruth be told I miss youTruth be told I'm lying
When you see my faceI hope it gives you hell, I hope it gives you hellWhen you walk my wayI hope it gives you hell, I hope it gives you hellIf you find a man that's worth the damn and treats you wellThen he's a fool you're just as well hope it gives you hell
Now you'll never seeWhat you've done to meYou can take back your memoriesThey're no good to meAnd here's all your liesIf you look me in the eyesWith the sad, sad lookThat you wear so well
When you see my faceI hope it gives you hell, I hope it gives you hellWhen you walk my wayI hope it gives you hell, I hope it gives you hellIf you find a man that's worth the damn and treats you wellThen he's a fool you're just as well hope it gives you hell

No comments:

Post a Comment